Sakata Seed Southern Africa is one of the largest vegetable seed houses in the region and is supported by Sakata’s global team, which has developed a reputation for a scientific and responsible approach to seed research. Through a focus on product development, marketing and technical support in the field, Sakata ensures that they can continuously provide the consumer with the best product quality, consistency, diversity, and nutritional value.
The company seeks to appoint an intern who has completed your 2 years theory seeking an opportunity to complete work-integrated learning in Biotechnology. Your knowledge, skills and unique attributes will play a pivotal role within the Quality Laboratory department.
- Planting of seed replicates for evaluation.
- Determining thousand seed weights of seed lots.
- Determining the moisture content of seed lots.
- Monitoring and control functions like daily temperatures and scale verifications.
- Loading and registering of samples received by the laboratory.
- Assist with general laboratory functions and housekeeping as delegated.
Skills and attributes:
- An eye for detail
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Ability to work quickly, yet accurately
- A good sense of using IT tools to support business operations
- A team player
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently to achieve deadlines
If you feel this may be your calling, you are a SA Citizen, bilingual, willing and able to work in Lanseria, please send a short CV, together with a certified copy of your ID, matric certificate, WIL Letter and full academic transcript to Andiswa.Ngcobo@sakata.eu before 16th of February 2024.
Should you not have heard from our team by 23 February 2024, please consider your application unsuccessful.