When we think about green vegetables, broccoli is one of the first that comes to mind. Not only is it a delicious vegetable that can be consumed raw or cooked, but it is also one of the more versatile vegetables out there. Here are a few other reasons why you should be including broccoli in your diet:
1) It is known to reduce cancer and lower cholesterol
2) It reduces inflammation and allergic reactions and is also considered a powerful antioxidant
3) The high fiber content makes it great for your digestive health
4) The fact that it is so high in vitamins and nutrients makes it great for eye health and skincare, as well as detoxifying the body
5) With or without cheese – it tastes delicious. It is a healthy snack and easy to pack in lunchboxes, so make sure you introduce your children to broccoli from a young age.