One of the key areas of the company’s success, is the ability to introduce and provide high quality vegetable seed that meets the needs of the local and sub-Saharan market. This requires a highly skilled, professional and dedicated team who source and trial varieties on a national basis, in order to assess the varieties’ adaptability to local growing conditions as well as suitability for market requirements.
As a member of the Product Development team, you will be allocated a specific portfolio of vegetable crops for which you will assume responsibility for the entire product life cycle. This includes the following key areas of responsibility:
- Trial Management – Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of all product development trials
- Provide specialist product advice to support sales and marketing efforts
- Develop and implement sales- and marketing strategies for each of the allocated products
- Maintain crop and variety knowledge
- Provide product-related training to sales reps
- Prepare and deliver presentations to various interest groups such as commercial growers and retailers
- Key Client liaison
- Establish and maintain relationships with global- and local suppliers
- BSc Hons/ MSc Degree in Plant Production/ Plant Science or relevant field of study
- 2-4 years’ experience within a product development environment, responsible for trials and related research, preferably with vegetable crops
- A high level of analytical thinking, good planning and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Above-average communication skills, specifically in English and Afrikaans with the ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders of all levels and experience.
- A pro-active mentality with a high level of energy
- The ability to work independently, under pressure and use initiative.
- Above-average ability Excel skills.
- A personality that can adapt to working in a team, yet still focus on completing individual tasks
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally as well as internationally
- The incumbent must be a South African citizen with a valid driver’s license
A market-related remuneration package is offered, including a company vehicle, 13thcheque as well as generous medical- and retirement benefits.
Should you meet the requirements and are keen to join our team of professionals, please forward your CV as well as copies of your ID, Driver’s License, academic transcripts and -qualifications to Lorraine.Coetzee@sakata.eu.
20 February 2019
Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.