An international research facility based in Lanseria, Gauteng, subsidiary of leading horticultural seed company, Sakata Seed Corporation, has recently celebrated 100 years of “Passion in Seed”. The Company continues to develop high quality seed varieties through “Quality, Service and Reliability”.
The development of new and improved vegetable varieties is a key objective of the company and as such we currently seek to appoint a suitably qualified Plant Pathology Assistant to screen varieties in the breeding programs for resistance and to support the company in all pathology-related activities.
- Perform disease resistance screening by greenhouse or field inoculation of tomato plants with pathogens.
- Perform diagnostic work to identify plant pathogens using plant pathology and serological techniques.
- Use plant pathology and serological techniques to detect pathogens on seed for seed health tests.
- Perform disease scouting on site to identify and eliminate risks associated with pests and plant pathogens.
- Maintain culture collection as well as maintain healthy insect colonies and nematodes to be used for pathology trials.
- Interact with local farmers and stakeholders to support commercial and product development activities.
- M.Sc. Plant Pathology
- Own Transport
- SA Citizen with clear criminal record
- 13th Cheque
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.