Help us share our passion for seed!
We are the local subsidiary of an international seed company listed on the Japanese stock exchange, representing Sakata in sub-Saharan Africa.
Our strong values of Quality, Service and Reliability drive our passion to introduce vegetable varieties that provide nourishment for the body whereas our flower and turf varieties nourish the soul.
The Company seeks to appoint a young, energetic South African as a
JUNIOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETER
- Increasing and maintaining engagement with customers, stakeholders and the wider community, across all Social Media platforms
- Initiating content and driving brand awareness through all Social Media platforms
- Monitoring and analysing Social Media engagement, reporting on effectiveness
- Assist the commercial team with marketing and promotional activities
- Contribute to maintaining the websites for the Company’s brands
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have:
- A Degree/Diploma in Social Media/Digital Marketing or Marketing/Journalism with Social Media knowledge and skills
- An above-average proficiency in English (written and verbal) with at least 70% achievement at Grade 12, English First Language level
- A valid driver’s license and own transport
- A sociable personality, ability to take initiative and work in a team
- An interest in gardening/horticulture and the role that the Agricultural sector plays in the world
- The ability to work the occasional week-end and travel to company events
- A professional and responsible approach to supporting the company’s marketing strategy and engaging with the public
If you feel that you fit the profile, please send your CV and academic credentials to Lorraine.Coetzee@sakata.eu.
Closing date for applications 25 March 2019.
Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.