Help us share our passion for seed!
We are the local subsidiary of an international seed company listed on the Japanese stock exchange, representing Sakata in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Company seeks to appoint a young, energetic South African as a Junior Social Media Marketer
- Increasing and maintaining engagement with customers, stakeholders and the wider community, across all Social Media platforms
- Create and implement social media strategies and driving brand awareness through all Social Media platforms
- Monitoring and analysing Social Media engagement, reporting on effectiveness
- Assist the commercial team with marketing and promotional activities which will include open days and other events
- Contribute to maintaining the websites for the Company’s brands
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have:
- A Degree/Diploma in Social Media/Digital Marketing or Marketing/Journalism with Social Media knowledge and skills
- An above-average proficiency in English (written and verbal) with at least 70% achievement at Grade 12, English First/Second Language level
- A valid driver’s license and own transport
- A sociable personality, ability to take initiative and work in a team
- An interest in gardening/horticulture and the role that the Agricultural sector plays in the world
- The ability to work the occasional week-end and travel to company events
- A professional and responsible approach to supporting the company’s marketing strategy and engaging with the public
- If you feel that you fit the profile, please send your CV and academic credentials to Monique.Harris@sakata.eu
Closing date for applications 22 November 2021 .
Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.