Sakata Seed Southern Africa is an ISO 9001: 2015- accredited company, supplying high quality horticultural seed within sub-Saharan Africa. As a local subsidiary of leading international company, Sakata Seed Corporation, we are passionate about Quality, Reliability and Service. Representing the company in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Company seeks to appoint a well-presented, professional team player in the Finance Department.
Key Performance Areas
Inventory & Costing
- Std cost variance analysis , financial reporting & posting of month end journals.
- Std cost variance analysis – monthly & YTD report
- Sales & cost reporting – monthly & YTD
- GP analysis by product category
- Monthly inventory reconciliation to GL – WIP and Finished goods
- Calculate , prepare & present annual std cost submission
- Compute costs by analysing existing data and year on year data available
- Maintain costing integrity in ERP system including assisting with bill of material / production cost calculations.
- Implementation and monitoring of internal controls around inventory to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records
- Prepare and maintain excess inventory on a monthly basis
- Adhoc investigations with respect to inventory , Std costs & Gross margin variances
- Prepare all audit requirements with respect to STD costs , inventory , sales / gross margin analysis
- Fixed assets & capital expenditure
- Fixed assets accounting entries monthly including additions, disposals, and depreciation
- Maintain integrity of Fixed asset register
- Prepare all audit requirements
- Prepare capital expenditure applications & ROI calculations.
- Administer & maintain company insurance portfolio
- Liaise with Insurers on insurance claims status and report monthly
- Assist with preparation & submit all respective insurance claims Adhoc
- Internal audit when required
- Any adhoc request
- Specific Requirements
- Finance related qualification
- Production or manufacturing environment experience is essential and non-negotiable
- 4-5 years costing experience in production or manufacturing
- Someone who is methodical, hardworking and can work well meeting tight deadlines
- Someone who works well with limited management, taking accountability for the specific function
- Good communications skills
- Culture fit with the Sakata team is very important and will be assessed in interviews
- Proficient in Microsoft, advance Excel skills required
- Business-oriented, with excellent English communication skills
- Must be a SA citizen
- Own vehicle essential
Should you meet the requirements, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 30 January 2022.
Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.