An international seed company based in Lanseria, Gauteng, is expanding its business operations and seeks to appoint an energetic, experienced Administrator to join the team responsible for the procurement and shipment of product within the Logistics team. Providing a high level of accuracy and able to work under pressure to ensure shipments are processed to meet client deadlines, key responsibilities will include:
- Processing of shipping documents to import and export non-commercial products between Southern Africa, other countries on the African continent as well as to Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Liaising with freight forwarders, clearing agents and customers regarding special shipping requirements.
- Liaising with the Dept of Agriculture to obtain phytosanitary permits and trade documents required for shipping.
- Ensure shipping release documents are delivered to customers on time.
- Monitor and track shipment, updating the shipment schedules and communication with stake-holders.
- Liaising with suppliers and placing orders to procure local product and packaging according to approved specifications.
- Maintain shipping files for Quality Management and audit purposes.
- Grade 12 with a relevant diploma/degree in administration, logistics or supply chain being a strong advantage.
- Certificate in Import/Export Management, with working knowledge of the latest Incoterms and relevant customs and VAT legislation
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience import and export shipping administration, especially within African countries.
- Hands-on experience with freight forwarders, clearance agents and obtaining permits for the movement of goods.
- Proficiency in Excel and the use of an ERP or similar system
- Able to work independently, multi-task and work in an organised and methodical manner
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Fluency in English with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid driver’s license with own transport and a clear credit and criminal record.
Should you meet the requirements, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 28 October 2017.
Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.