KIND: F1 hybrid carrot (Daucus carota L.)
MATURITY: Early to mid (warm season: 90 – 100 days from sowing; cool season: 110 – 120 days from sowing)
SOWING SEASON: Year round (trial in specific areas to determine adaptability)
DIMENSIONS: 16 – 22 x 2.0 – 3.0 cm
COLOUR: Dark orange
CARROT SHAPE AND TIP: Cylindrical with blunt tips
CORE (COLOUR AND DIAMETER): Very good
SKIN SMOOTHNESS: Very good
TOP HABIT: Very strong with erect foliage
TOP HEIGHT: 25 – 30 cm
TOP COLOUR: Dark green
STEM ATTACHMENT: Strong
DISEASE REACTION (SCIENTIFIC): To be confirmed
FIELD HOLDING: Very good
BOLTING REACTION: Very good
YIELD POTENTIAL: Excellent
SUGGESTED POPULATION: 1 – 1.2 million seeds per ha
USE: Pre-pack, bunching, fresh market, and processing
SPECIAL FEATURES: All year sowing with an excellent yield potential and quality
* Characteristics given are affected by production methods such as soil type, nutrition, planting population, planting date and climatic conditions. Please read disclaimer.
- YEAR ROUND PRODUCTION
- EXCELLENT ROOT SHAPE AND UNIFORMITY
- VERY HIGH MARKETABLE YIELD
- EXCELLENT EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL QUALITIES
Carvora is an early to mid-maturing, F1 hybrid, Nantes carrot variety with a high yield potential, suitable for year round production in temperate regions. Carvora produces high quality, smooth, uniform and cylindrical roots with blunt tips. In addition to a sweet and juicy taste, Carvora have deep orange external and internal colours with a medium to small sized core. Carvora has a high bolting tolerance and is not prone to producing green shoulders. Carvora have a medium high top and a strong stem attachment, which is ideal for hand and mechanical harvesting. Uses for Carvora include bunching, fresh market and processing, and due to its shape and size it is an ideal carrot for pre-packing.
SPECIAL VARIETAL REQUIREMENTS
- Suitable for all year round production, but we suggest trialling in specific areas to determine adaptability.
- Contact area representative for a sowing guide.