An international research facility based in Lanseria, Gauteng, subsidiary of leading horticultural seed company, Sakata Seed Corporation, has recently celebrated 100 years of “Passion in Seed”. The Company continues to develop high quality hybrid seed varieties through “Quality, Service and Reliability”.
Due to increased business activity, the Company seeks to appoint a Demand Planner to assist in the Logistics Department and ensure timeous availability of stock in the required quantity and packaging. The incumbent will be responsible for planning and forecasting of both Garden and Professional products for the consumer-, Professional Flower and –Turf markets.
- Liaise with the relevant sales division to determine customer requirements.
- Planning and Forecasting of finished goods requirements.
- Prioritise and monitor production schedules and stock availability against sales forecasts.
- Plan, Monitor and purchase raw material stock availability for production requirements.
- Update forecasts and planning on the ERP system (NAVISION)
- Prepare master plans and –schedules as well as regular reports
- Analyse and identify risks
- B. Comm Degree/B. Comm Hons Supply Chain Management or similar with specialization in quantitative techniques and forecasting
- Preferably 2-3 years’ experience as a Demand Planner in a Retail Environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Retail Planning skills
- Excellent communicational skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to multi task
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Computer literate, specifically advanced Excel
- Flair for IT and ERP systems will be an advantage
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org